Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The hunt for suitcase

Did I tell you about the only causality that happened during our trip to Ireland? We start at 4 am and without much ado reach Dublin at 4 pm. Upon braving out the heavily accented Irish immigration officer, I count my kids and suitcases. 3 each. Battered, jet logged but under control. Then I see my American Tourister suitcase of 3 years ! Somebody has manhandled it, the handle is broken beyond repair, it's almost open and barely holds together with the locks on each sides. By the grace of The Queen of Ireland, the inside stuff remains there. Just imagine...... Thus the official hunt for suitcase begins from day 1. On that pretext, we sisters shop n shop. Why didn't we see a single suitcase in any of those shopping malls? Anyways, it's time to pack, no more time to waste. Thanks to my sister's friend Smartypants, I own one from Ireland !




During our last trip to the library, Mirchi pesters me for this huge lollipop. Lollipop? He gets ice cream instead. Because we have left the four kids alone at home, I buy lollipops as a compensation. Holy Poppins ! You should see my teenager smile. Anything for your smile my dear.....


As you know, my little sister is a fantastic cook. You may not know that both of us are fida about mushrooms. This is the third time she makes mushroom masala exclusively for me. You have no idea. It's extremely hot n tasty like her prawn masala. Bon appetit cherie !







No comments: