Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

@ Bushmills' wonder

Today's agenda is to visit Giant's Causeway, Rope bridge, Old Bushmills distillery and then to meet a cousin sister n family at Belfast. Thus, we are going to UK again. Third time lucky, I guess.


@ Lough Foyle Ferry
























Using this tiny ferry n crossing the river itself is a huge excitement for us elders n kids. Lovely river.




This is the starting point of the Causeway. The upper trail takes us to the top of the cliff with a breathtaking n wonderful view of the coast. Slightly terrific since I'm scared of heights. The lower trail leads one to the 'Giant's footsteps'. Causeway is free for public. There are only two bars here. We lunch at the coolest n the oldest one n gear up for 2 hrs trekking.

@ The Nook






















I wish I could write more about these sights..... This is nature at its best. Totally mind blowing.



















































We plan to cross a tiny part of the Atlantic Coast through a rope bridge. It's close by. But we have to walk 1km trail to reach the bridge. The kids are tired so abandon the rope bridge. Off we go to the Old Bushmills distillery nearby but it's past visitors time. We lose a golden chance drink fresh whiskey ! Great loss.

@ Portballintrae beach



cousins meet @ giant's causeway


sunset in UK



This peaceful seaside village lies to west of river Bush with an enticing sandy beach. Kids no longer tired nor thirsty.






































It's 11pm, the sun is slowly planning to retire. I'm not yet used to this sun.

I'm not hungry and  going to hit the bed. OMG ! A day without my staple food- rice. A milestone in the history of my dietary life. What a day ! Hope I survive the night....

No comments: