Pages

Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Welcome to the inside

Ignore the titles. They can be something anything  I pick up on the way. So, I'm back and challenging myself to write every day. November Challenge. 

It's been 5 years since I wrote here. How to begin again? They say journaling fires up creativity and is therapeutic. How so? Anyways, tiny steps, I'll start with recording daily events.

  • The smart woman. I love my cute little domestic help. A no-nonsense hard worker who sighs every ten minutes. What makes her sigh so much? I wanted to ask. Better sigh than fart. Will she ever be happy?
  • Tomorrow being All Soul's Day, I dutifully buy a bouquet and go to the cemetery invaded by like-minded middle-aged couples decorating the sleeping place of their dead loved ones. Phew! Obligation or being dutiful? The place is heavenly clean. No weeds, dead garlands, or melted candles. Nope, I'm not going to attend the service tomorrow.
  • Apart from sending numerous applications, I completed an editing test, attended a Google interview, and even signed an NDA! I understood every word the talent acquisition manager said- UK English!
  • Why did I purchase- one-time payment- Hemingway Editor for Windows? It's not suggesting or editing the way I want. And it is not part of the Word. It works as a separate entity. I hate cutting and pasting content. I detest Doc's suggestion mode as well.
  • No gardening today. Hope it rains today, too; no signs so far. Who wears gloves while planting? My hands are ugly now. And I'm doubtful about my plant choices. Why won't they grow fast? Growth potion, anybody? I was horribly tempted to buy more plants but didn't.
  • I killed a baby centipede. Inside. In the dining room. And the beetles are back. More killings. What's next?
Umm.. I shall start reading again. Tomorrow. Let's see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Insect genocide!!