Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Don't give me vain hopes, recruiters!

So, I got this job offer email from a big gun company, requesting a zoom meeting for the position I never applied for. It took hours of research to come to the conclusion that it was the work of one of those job recruiters who matched my profile with this job and intimated the company and, thus, the interview. Health and wellness manager! And they would pay $32.75 hourly. Ha!

The zoom meeting. It was a zoom chat. But why? Who in their right mind would use zoom chat when you can just video call? Anyways, the chat ended pretty fast when the chatter found out my current location. The job is for US citizens only. Great!

Thus, I got a job offer for a job I didn't apply for and got rejected. Thankfully, all on the same day. But who will give me back the time I wasted prying on the darned company and searching the job portals I could've applied from? I went through all my applications to figure out the job description: glassdoor, indeed, Naukri, AngelList, monster job, talent.com, JobsForHer, LinkedIn, and even Internshala! I never applied for this job.

Leave it. What about the dreams and plans I've woven around this job? Money dreams.

There's a saying when translated into English, may sound weird. But let me try. "You may give somebody an elephant, but never hope. Does it make sense? To me, today, very much.

No comments: