Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

the thousand natural shocks the flesh is heir to

Flat life. I've lived in 5 different flats before settling in the present one. I'm not a friendly neighbor nor I make friends easily. But I did get a BFF and a few close friends. The last man and his neighbors in Vishram society do not remind me of any of my past or present neighbors. Flat life in Gulf is totally different I should say.



Bombay. Real estate business. A filmi sort of builder plans to redevelop an old apartment complex. He offers huge sums to vacate the flats. Except an old teacher everyone concedes. The story goes on n on. Even after the last man in the tower is mercilessly murdered by his loving but concerned n greedy neighbors. Are they greedy? How depressing. My eyes still hurt. The printing is way too small for my old eyes. That's first thing I noticed n disapproved about this book. I've changed my glasses. Progressive. You know how weird n strange you feel in new glasses.

Back to the book. I don't skip a single word. I chew and chew and chew. It's bitter, dry and depressing. The Truth.

No comments: