Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

me the ignorant, illiterate, inane Indian

Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi bag this year's Nobel Prize for Peace.  Great achievement.  Congratulations.  I know Malala but Satyarthi?   He is a new discovery for me.  What a shame! What a disfrace ! Everyone talks about  Satyarthi. Favebook, Whatsapp. Everywhere.  I wish I've some dynamite to kill myself. Finally I decide to share my bitter feelings over Satyarthi's Nobel Prize winning.  Here comes Annamma with her pearls of wisdom. She says it's ok not to know all the important people. Do they know you? No. So, it's not a crime not knowing of them. Nothing to be ashamed of. Thank you, Annamma, you saved my life.

Annamma is my benchmate of 2 years. The tiny classroom with 12 students. On the first day I sit with her in the first bench and shifts to the last bench and remains there till the end. We talk not much. No explanations, no judgements.  A girl of few words.  So strange that we are friends.  Caramel chocolates, her flat, books, hindi songs and lunch break at the sea side. The long walks in the evening.  How I miss those moments!

Annamma rocks...

No comments: