Pages

Sunday, June 09, 2013

And The Mountains Echoed - Khaled Hosseini



 I buy Khaled Hosseini's new book within 3 weeks ! From DC Books, Cochin. I'm so loving it.


His third novel is not about war and refugees. Of course, I enjoyed Hosseini's previous works and they are two of the best books I have ever read. However, war is war and I'm grateful for this diversion. Hats off to the Afghan story teller.

The story of Abdulla and his sister Pari starts off splendidly with a breathtaking bed time story from Afghanistan and goes through different people scattered far n wide and ends in Abdulla n Pari in a weak knot. It's just like the so called new generation movie that tells the story of different people who are connected to the main character in one way or the other. But in this case, the network is tipsy and draggy. The much anticipated reunion of the brother n sister is the best part of the book.

I gobbled down the book and ......... no, I didn't burp.

No comments: