Pages

Monday, September 06, 2010

Friends who accuse us of running away from Bahrain

Bahrain ! I spend my most productive years there. I beget 3 kids. See ! As soon as I enter the kingdom as a young bride, the old king dies. We mourn so deeply n loudly that we get the first warning from the housekeeper. We get goosebumps as we watch the upgradation of the handsome young crown prince to King. I grow up from home made ghee to clarified butter. My taste buds fall in love with all kinds of branded junk food. I expand in weight n width. My designation becomes 'Assistant Mistress'. That's what they call teachers. I love it. Orkut happens. Bahrain the bountiful island.

People congratulate us on our decision to abandon the burning ship. It is burning. Now. Not when we switch the ships. We leave before the mutiny. And we feel guilty. Our old friends are full of stories about the unrest. We miss the action.

Bahrain, my heart is bleating for you!

No comments: